Lemon Tea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemon Tea

A shrine for the forgotten manga projects.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Count to Two Million

Go down 
+15
Soushii
Ivy
sonners
JC Swann
YukiAo
Vaniko
Paragoge
Miss Fortune
Loli nan
Shimatta
andeemay
AelixRage
KVprod11
Veritus
Mio-sama
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Veritus

Veritus

Count to Two Million - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 pm

horse_woman wrote:

You must catch them by the dozen hahaha

Psh, yeahhhh Jaegermeister here, master of the hunt. Watch out woodland critters.

Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Count to Two Million - Page 4 Pollockx

Pollock, like a boss. Made my own batter, pretty glad I wrote everything down because it turned out to be as awesome as I'd hoped. Also, HUGE PICTURE.
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 pm

OMG That looks amazing!!!!
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks, everyone said they liked it. All in all, I ended up doing about 2.5 pounds of Pollock and a little over a pound of potatoes for the fries. The garlic bread was just a sliced baguette that I had made some seasoned garlic butter for and put in the oven. No one went home hungry, but cleaning up kind of sucked. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 am

Veritus wrote:

lol "I sincerely want to catch, prepare and cook you!!!" I scream that at the top of my lungs every time I go hunting/fishing. Really attracts the animals I think Rolling Eyes

You do that??? o.o

Veritus wrote:
Thanks, everyone said they liked it. All in all, I ended up doing about 2.5 pounds of Pollock and a little over a pound of potatoes for the fries. The garlic bread was just a sliced baguette that I had made some seasoned garlic butter for and put in the oven. No one went home hungry, but cleaning up kind of sucked. Evil or Very Mad

Are you some kind of chef or something? Just curious. XD
And by the way, that picture just made me a whole lot hungrier. Ugh. (-.-)

horse_woman wrote:
Oh! I read that manga too! I cracked up when I read that part XD

As did I. It was so funny! XD
And the babies are just so adorable. The only thing I kind of disliked was that there weren't a lot of "significant" conversation or thoughts. I find it a little lacking, and it seems the mangaka is making the development far too slow for me. Argh.! bounce
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 7:30 am

82 <-- Wow! We're almost to a hundred already

ileaheart wrote:

And the babies are just so adorable. The only thing I kind of disliked was that there weren't a lot of "significant" conversation or thoughts. I find it a little lacking, and it seems the mangaka is making the development far too slow for me. Argh.! bounce

Aren't they cute?! My brother thinks that they're ugly so I'm all :O "Are you insane?" XD The developement is sooooo slow, I mean seriously-come on all ready **punch**
Back to top Go down
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

83 <-- Indeed we are! XD

horse_woman wrote:
82 <-- Wow! We're almost to a hundred already

Aren't they cute?! My brother thinks that they're ugly so I'm all :O "Are you insane?" XD The developement is sooooo slow, I mean seriously-come on all ready **punch**

Hahahaha!! Exactly how I feel. Ugh. I mean, I don't mind looking into the love story of their friends but come oooooooooon!! Dx

I want to get more perspective into what Matsunaga is thinking or rather, obsessing about. XD **punch**
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 am

ileaheart wrote:

Veritus wrote:

lol "I sincerely want to catch, prepare and cook you!!!" I scream that at the top of my lungs every time I go hunting/fishing. Really attracts the animals I think Rolling Eyes

You do that??? o.o

Veritus wrote:

Are you some kind of chef or something? Just curious. XD
And by the way, that picture just made me a whole lot hungrier. Ugh. (-.-)

Do I hunt and stuff? Yeah, whenever I can. I was being sarcastic about the screaming thing though lol No I'm not a professional chef or anything, I've worked in a lot of restaurants before though as a Sous chef. Well, I guess I just contradicted myself there, I've been paid to be a chef before but it's not what I do for a living now lol I just really like cooking, it's something fun for me to do for other people or when I'm depressed to keep me distracted. Plus, I really, really like food Razz
Back to top Go down
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Veritus wrote:

Do I hunt and stuff? Yeah, whenever I can. I was being sarcastic about the screaming thing though lol No I'm not a professional chef or anything, I've worked in a lot of restaurants before though as a Sous chef. Well, I guess I just contradicted myself there, I've been paid to be a chef before but it's not what I do for a living now lol I just really like cooking, it's something fun for me to do for other people or when I'm depressed to keep me distracted. Plus, I really, really like food Razz

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone here really really like food too? Haha! Count to Two Million - Page 4 2968088584

How does it feel to hunt? Is it relaxing or adrenalin pumping?
What does it mean to be a "professional chef"? bounce
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:25 pm

ileaheart wrote:

How does it feel to hunt? Is it relaxing or adrenalin pumping?
What does it mean to be a "professional chef"? bounce

Hunting is actually pretty boring. Most people think of hunting as a group of guys going out and sitting in a cabin, drinking beer and wandering around the forest which is never really the case. Cabin? Yeah, sometimes. Beer? It's a given. But a large part of it is waking up before sunrise, grabbing your gun/bow/crossbow, putting on your camo and sitting in a tree-stand for hours on end, waiting for deer/elk/moose/bear or whatever you're hunting to walk by. Some animals you can track, following their paths .etc but that really only applies to fowl like turkey/grouse and stuff. Either that or really large animals like bear which you can bait or Elk/Moose that outweigh you by hundreds of pounds that don't really care if you're within earshot because they know that they could trample you to death. It can be fun sometimes, especially if you're successful and you know that you'll end up with a freezer full of meat.

I meant Professional Chef in the sense that I've never been to Culinary school. Those people are actually salaried and have a degree. I've just cooked and prepared food in a lot of different restaurants and at home or friends houses; so I couldn't honestly put "XXX Certified Chef degree from XXX school, class of XXXX" on my Resume.
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:59 pm

ileaheart wrote:
Is it just me or does it seem like everyone here really really like food too? Haha!

Hahaha I know right? It's not a bad thing though; we can all be foodies together Count to Two Million - Page 4 2968088584

Veritus wrote:
grabbing your gun/bow/crossbow

What do you hunt with? My dad uses a gun, but I think he would really cool with a crossbow (like Daryl from The Walking Dead - the best character in my opinion XD) Razz
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:45 pm

For bear and elk/moose I have an AHR 600 OK, which is a really large bore bolt action rifle. I've yet to have to fire it more than once, at anything. For deer I use either a Remington 11-87, or .454 Casull (Gigantic Revolver). I prefer the Casull to the shotgun, because like the 600 OK, I've never had to fire it more than once. Bow hunting and bow guns aren't really my thing, a lot of people really like them but I prefer to go the noisy BANG route. I actually really don't hunt that often, only when someone asks me to tag along or I'm super bored.

horse_woman wrote:

What do you hunt with? My dad uses a gun, but I think he would really cool with a crossbow (like Daryl from The Walking Dead - the best character in my opinion XD) Razz
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Aaah I see. I admire the fact that you can use a gun. I'm scared I'll accidentally shoot something I totally wasn't aiming at and accidentally hurt someone if I so even pick up a gun. Count to Two Million - Page 4 3540225415 (It's irrational, I know, but I'm the type of person who stresses herself out about the littlest things Count to Two Million - Page 4 513659175 I hate that part of myself...). I know that good aim takes practice, but my dad doesn't really have time to teach me.
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:02 pm

They are pretty fun to use, but you're right about being careful because... Well they're guns lol Even if you can't go hunting or anything they're pretty fun to take out to a range and practice with. It's sort of relaxing to just have that one process to concentrate on and no other worries for a while.
Back to top Go down
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 am

Veritus wrote:
It can be fun sometimes, especially if you're successful and you know that you'll end up with a freezer full of meat.

I meant Professional Chef in the sense that I've never been to Culinary school. Those people are actually salaried and have a degree. I've just cooked and prepared food in a lot of different restaurants and at home or friends houses; so I couldn't honestly put "XXX Certified Chef degree from XXX school, class of XXXX" on my Resume.

What animals do you usually hunt if you ever get to? Do you clean it up yourself? How do you know they don't have parasites and such? And do you ever feel "guilty" for hunting? XD

Do you ever think of getting a degree in the culinary profession?

horse_woman wrote:
Hahaha I know right? It's not a bad thing though; we can all be foodies together. Count to Two Million - Page 4 2968088584

It's awesome! XD

Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I usually go deer hunting, I haven't been hunting for Elk or anything else in quite a while. Deer aren't really more abundant but for being wild animals they're pretty stupid compared to the others, so they tend to wander where you expect them to. Yeah, I usually dress them myself unless someone else either wants to do it or wants to take it to be processed at an actual business so they can have different types of jerky/sausage made or whatever. We usually do it ourselves though, it just takes longer. The Department of Natural Resources takes samples and watches the populations of wild game to keep people informed about parasites and things like that, but everything has bacteria in it, both good and bad, sometimes parasites included; even meat you buy from the store. But they're microscopic first of all and cooking and preparing it properly eliminates them anyway. Parasites from animals/fish aren't adapted to live in human systems so the chances of you actually hosting a parasite are extremely rare. I avoid eating sushi though, not really that I'm worried about parasites not being eliminated (sushi chefs are trained to identify and remove them) but because I just really don't like the way it tastes.

Anyway, no I can't say as I've ever felt guilty for hunting or fishing in the slightest. I mean, I'm feeding myself and friends for one, and it's pretty much free. People bring the argument up to me like, "Why don't you just buy your meat from the store all the time instead of killing those wild animals?" /facepalm Yeah, because the meat in the store doesn't come from animals that weren't killed for the purpose of feeding people? Are you... stupid? lol Do people keep cows just to look at and somehow, just by having them the meat suddenly appears in a refrigerated truck to be shipped off? Wow, come on guys. >_<

I've thought about going to Culinary school, there's one not too far away from me right now, about a 40 minute drive. But as much as I love food, I'm going to start taking Japanese during Spring semester, so when I'm finished with that, I can get my English as a Foreign Language certificate and start teaching English to students in Japan.
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Veritus wrote:
People bring the argument up to me like, "Why don't you just buy your meat from the store all the time instead of killing those wild animals?" /facepalm Yeah, because the meat in the store doesn't come from animals that weren't killed for the purpose of feeding people? Are you... stupid? lol Do people keep cows just to look at and somehow, just by having them the meat suddenly appears in a refrigerated truck to be shipped off? Wow, come on guys. >_<

Yeah, I really don't get why people are against hunting. It's not that much different them what happens so we can have hamburgers. What I don't understand even more than that is why people become vegetarians just because we kill cows. It isn't really healthy to not eat meat, we were created to eat both meat and plant matter. Yeah, there are supplements you can take, but it's better to just eat the freaking meat! *end rant* XD

Veritus wrote:
I can get my English as a Foreign Language certificate and start teaching English to students in Japan.

You want to be a teacher? That would be so cool! I admire teachers; it can be really difficult at times.
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:46 am

I don't mind hunting or cooking as long i get something to eat!!!! ^^
Competion to be 100??
Back to top Go down
http://nightstarlady.blogspot.com.au/
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:03 am

LOL. Sushi is one of my top favorite food, except the raw variety - can't quite get the feel for it even with a generous helping of wasabi paste and soy sauce.

Veritus wrote:
I'm going to start taking Japanese during Spring semester, so when I'm finished with that, I can get my English as a Foreign Language certificate and start teaching English to students in Japan.

Wow. Goodluck with that! I think learning different languages is awesome and teaching is just brilliant! Very Happy

horse_woman wrote:
Yeah, I really don't get why people are against hunting. It's not that much different them what happens so we can have hamburgers. What I don't understand even more than that is why people become vegetarians just because we kill cows. It isn't really healthy to not eat meat, we were created to eat both meat and plant matter. Yeah, there are supplements you can take, but it's better to just eat the freaking meat! *end rant* XD

My sister always complains about eating meat, saying they were poor defenseless animals, that it's much better to be vegetarian. Then I ask her, who defends the plants we eat then? Aren't they also poor defenseless plants?? They can't even put up a fight! Just imagine uprooting carrots and they're silently screaming in pain! Gah! Evil or Very Mad

Nightstarlady wrote:
I don't mind hunting or cooking as long i get something to eat!!!! ^^
Competion to be 100??

HAHAHA! You're absolutely right!! XD
And unless we go double posting or something, may the 100th bring luck to the one who reaches it! XD
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 am

Nightstarlady wrote:
Competion to be 100??

YES!! I'm gonna be watching this thread like a hawk now LOL Count to Two Million - Page 4 3242698690 I'm so competitive. Count to Two Million - Page 4 3540225415

Oh! And I posted the new German lesson, in case anyone wants to take a look... **blush**
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:13 pm

AHAHAH IM GONNA GET THE 100!!! MWAHAHAH
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Not if I have anything to say about it Count to Two Million - Page 4 2063666766
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:53 am

MWHAHAHHAH Count to Two Million - Page 4 2063666766
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 am

no rules aginst posting twice in a row is there??? Count to Two Million - Page 4 2063666766
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count to Two Million   Count to Two Million - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Count to Two Million
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next