Lemon Tea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemon Tea

A shrine for the forgotten manga projects.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)

Go down 
+3
Mio-sama
Nightstarlady
AelixRage
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AelixRage

AelixRage

Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Empty
PostSubject: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:33 am

And your thoughts about each series perhaps? Very Happy

Mine are these:

1. Mars (Souryo Fuyumi) - The story is riveting and achingly human, it was an emotional rollercoaster reading this one.

2. Blade of the Immortal (Hiroaki Samura) - Such excellent art that it makes up for some of the slower parts of the story. Action-packed with subtle romance.

3. The Other Side of the Mirror (Jo Chen) - Love, hope, and redemption. It was quite an inspiring story for me, not to mention that while the art is more western, it was beautiful.

4. Hakuji (Morie Satoshi) - A story of obsession, passion, the struggle for control, innocence, and love. Yeah, I like obsessive love. XD

5. Kindan no Koi wo Shiyou (Ohmi Tomu) - I like smut if it's good smut. But more than that, this is a story of the kind of unconditional love that couples should learn. Embarassed

6. Faster Than A Kiss (Tanaka Meca) - I like Student x Teacher stories, and this is one of those rare good romantic comedies with a touch of drama. Not a boring moment. (/*o*)/

7. Kimi wa Petto (Yayoi Ogawa) - An intricate story about relationships. I loved the art, well, at least the dancing scenes.

8. Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume (Matsuzuki Kou) - Cute, sweet, and full of bishies. Hahaha! Embarassed

9. Anatolia Story (Chie Shinohara) - An epic story that I almost gave up finishing when I was close to the end, BUT it's actually very interesting. It's like a different kind of History lesson. I have some misgivings with how some of the art was drawn, still it was a good waste of sleepless nights.

10. Ingenuo (RYAN) - Good story, it actually made me want to go into photography but alas! I don't have a camera. The art was ok, I just disliked the way the leading girl was presented especially in the later parts.

So there. I still have some up my sleeve but they didn't give me the necessary impact to be included in this list. Haha! XD
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 am

1. Fairy Tail- Magic and adventure~!
2. Shouri no Akuma- Crossdressing IS fun!!!
3. Wagaya no Oinarisama-Demon fox~! ^^
4. Pandora Hearts-confusing but fun!
5. Watashi ni xx Shinasai- Totally RANDOMMMMMMM
6. Naruto- A common fave
7. Kunisaki Izumo No Jijou- Kabuki acting? Like anyone???
8. Death Note- COMMON!!
9. Bleach- COMMON!!!
10. Fly High- MARTIAL ARTS + CROSSDRESSING = EPICCCCC!!!!

**punch**
Back to top Go down
http://nightstarlady.blogspot.com.au/
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm

I'll try reading the series you chose, once I get my computer back! ^__^

My favoties one are:

1. Yubisaki Milk Tea: Oh, I have a whole history with this manga... Once I began reading it, I just couldn't stop. It had my favorite genre in it, which is gender bender. It's not only about a crossdressing freak guy, but it has all the emotions of a teenager growing up involved in it... I really love Miyano Tomochika... He started drawing Rika as well, and I'm reading it. BTW, We were the group who finished Yubisaki's last 2 volumes, such an honour ^__^

2. Skip Beat: Kyoko is amaziiiing, she is funny, strong, and I loved her acting creepy Mio! (No, my nickname wasn't based on that Mio)

3. Blade of the Immortal: Epic. I love swords, I love blood, the art is amazing, the plot is amazing, everything is amazing in this manga...

4. Akane-chan Overdrive: Again, gender bender. The guy turning into Akane-chan and starting to experience a girl's feelings... And then he noticed that his childhood friend was kind of... manly. Haha, epic.

5. Chikyuu Kanrinin: The first manga I've ever read in the internet. It was the one which made me interested in reading more and more mangas. Maou was funny and cute, but that's all.

6. Shoujo Kakumei Utena: The anime is already on my TOP 1! So I'm putting the manga in the 6th position, hehee ;P It's a story about friendship, and about an awesome girl wanting to become a prince like in the fairy tales... She has to duel everyone who challenges her in order to protect the rose bride, Himemiya Anthy.

7. DNA²: Like the anime, it was awesome. This whole crazy story is about a normal boy who can change into a Mega-playboy... And then, seduces every girl who looks at him, except for his childhood friend. Well, the DNA operator Karin, who came to the past to stop him, isn't an exception, so it's really funny.

8. Karakuri Odette: About a robot girl trying to be more "human". She was cute from the beggining till the ending...

9. Kimi no Sei: The series which I want to see a release the most!!! I'm dying to see what happens next, aghhh, I really loved it! It's about a guy who likes a girl he bullied once, but she hates him the most, and hasn't forgotten all the pain she had to endure because of him in their childhood days.

10. Hot Gimmick: I ATE this. Really, I waked up 4:30am just to read some chapters of it before going to school...! Awesome in many ways, it moved me.
Back to top Go down
http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Okay, these aren't necessarily in the order of my all-time favorite and down -it's just too difficult to do that haha

1. Honto Yajuu - It's yaoi, yes, but the characters and story-line is really cute. I just adore it! I must thank my best friend for opening my world to yaoi though Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) 3242698690

2. Love So Life - OMG The little kids are just too dang cute Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) 4019512717

3. Love Stage - (another yaoi) A famous (totally hot) actor falls in love with an otaku that refuses to admit his feelings for the actor. What's not to love about a pretty cliche story-line XD

4. I Will Be Cinderella - I know it's a manhwa, but I just love the series so much that I had to put it down. I find the story to pretty unique; or at least I haven't found another manga or manhwa that has this particular plot **blink**

5. Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu - I honestly have clue why I like this series. **blush** It might be the art (I am so incredibly picky about my art XD)... All I know for sure is that one of my other friends forced me to read it (so she could fangirl about it and I'd know what she was talking about lol) and I actually liked it. That was quite the unexpected turnout haha

6. Akagami no Shirayukihime - Both Zen and Shirayuki are so innocent. I just love how protective Zen is of her too. Wish I had a boyfriend like that... or one at all Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) 3540225415

7. High School of the Dead - Zombies and Hirano. Hirano is delightfully insane and I'm totally into zombies so it's a pretty great manga for me XD

8. Parfait Tic - Another one where I'm not quite sure why I like it. It has a love triangle and even I'm not sure about who I want her to end up with (which is rare - I have an opinion on pretty much anything XD). One guy is a total sweetheart and the perfect boyfriend (other than the fact that he used to be a playboy) and the other guy is really cold and aloof, but kind to the girl... sometimes lol. Yep, I'm not sure why I like it, but I do and it's one of my favorite so on my list it goes~

9. Skip Beat - Although the romance between Ren and Kyoko is going reeeeeaaaallllly slowly (I mean they seriously need to speed it up a bit-come on Nakamura-sensei!) I still like it. Ren is drop-dead gorgeous and Sho is freaking hilarious with his petty jealousy and expressions. Kyoko is also amazing with her strength and humor (even though most of the time her humor is unintentional).

10. Hiyokoi - Too cute for words Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) 3063225325

As you can see, there are no tragedies or anything without romance. I cry my heart out whenever a character I like dies, so I try to avoid mangas that have that possibility. I find that a lot of mangas without romance tend to not have a strong plot and lack well-rounded characters. If anyone can suggest some non-romance mangas that have good plots and good characters, please share Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) 1983558320
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:31 pm

Hmmm...

1. Gyo + the extra story at the end, The Enigma of Amigara Fault (Itō Junji) - Well written and illustrated, the idea behind both stories is both psychologically morose and creepy and the horror is there in both physical and mental aspects.

2. Vagabond (Inoue Takehiko) - Follows Miyamoto Musashi throughout his life and exploits, beautifully illustrated and very well written.

3. I Am a Hero (Hanazawa Kengo) - Dark humored, psychological horror with a zombie apocalypse. The main character has unique problems of his own and the first couple of chapters are devoted to showing that. Gore and body horror are abundant.

4. Sidooh (Takahashi Tsutomu) - Two orphaned brothers, Shoutarou and Gentarou fight their way through the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate. On their quest to become samurai and men, they cling to their fathers swords and fight for their lives.

5. MPD Psycho (Ōtsuka Eiji and Tajima Shōu) - Kobayashi Yôsuke is a detective on the case of a serial killer that dismembers his victims. I really enjoy this one, but it's hard to describe; hard to follow sometimes as well. The art work is brilliant and so is the dialogue, there's a mixture of extreme psychological horror and paranoia as well as body horror.

6. Dawn Tsumetai Te (Ueda Shinshuu) - Dark comedy and horror, a weird plague and a high school student named Nagasawa. A plague called "Nightshift" is infecting people all throughout the city, turning them into monsters, Nagasawa gets bitten by a rat carrying the disease but doesn't seem to transform completely. Instead he's approached by a strange doctor who seems to know all about it, and offers Nagasawa an opportunity to fight back.

7. Bleach (Kubo Taito) - This one is self-explanatory.

8. Naruto (Kishimoto Masashi) - Same as above.

9. Holyland (Kouji Mori) - Yuu is a high school kid who doesn't really fit anywhere. To find a place he can belong, be accepted, he will do anything. However one thing leads to another and he is forced to fight to keep his place, his Holyland.

10. Tousei Gensou Hakubutsushi (Tayama Shuu) - In a really ordinary looking and peaceful city, no one notices the strange things that are happening. Shinobu, a university student who manages his father’s second hand shop, comes face to face with one mystery after another. At some point, these events lead to a story. Supernatural, sometimes horror, sometimes psychological aspects. Really good stuff.
Back to top Go down
KVprod11

KVprod11

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:13 am

gahhh this is so hard I've read so many that I have liked. Took a while to think up these 10 and they are in no particular order

1. Psyren : nice story line
2. Mahou Sensei Negima! : I would put more works by Akamatsu Ken on this list but this has to be best the out of what I read
3. History Strongest Disciple Kenichi : Spent an all nighter when I first came across it. I love martial arts
4. Mahou Tsukai Kurohime : Ran across pressing a surprise me button and well it surprised me.
5. Ai Kora : honestly didnt think i would like it but I did
6. Hiyokoi : Better than Kimi ni Todoke
7. Pokemon Adventures : I liked the games and the fact the author was able to create a story to embed all current and future versions is great (Not based on the Anime)
8. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun : I read all the novels of To Aru Majutsu no Index and it was great naturally I loved this manga as well. Espers are awesome
9. Yankano : I added this because its very new and has only three chapters out and it already got me wanting more
10. Eden no Ori : The people in this manga just have it bad period. Has a bit of a Lord of the flies element in it.
Back to top Go down
NibbPower

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 12:21 pm

1. Love So Life is about a girl who lives in the orphanage and works at a daycare taking care of kids. Then, one day two toddlers wanted the girl to come babysit them while also able to see her at daycare as well.
2. 1/2 Prince is about ... well lets just say its kind of like Sword Art Online, Log Horizon, Hack (all of the series), or anything like those types of plot. It took in a whole new level when battles begun in real life as well.
3. Dengeki Daisy i dont thank i need to explain this one ~
4. Oresama Teacher is about a delinquent girl who went to another town and school to start over as a normal student, but that all changes when her high school teacher end up as her childhood friend who was ALSO a delinquent more like former.
5. D. Gray Man is about a boy who joins the exercist to fight the akuma, but he himself is also an akuma except this is found out in the later parts.
6. Houou Gakuen is about a girl who dresses like a boy (tomboy) and loves women but hate men. Her mother sent her off with a boy to take her into an all-boys school to fix her traumatic illness of boys.
7. Vampire Knight no need to explain
8. Fly High is about a girl who can fight in any type of style went to school for the first time, before she went to only fighting school, so then she went to apply as the school's president but there were people who dont want a president due to past experiences of the former president.
9. Barajou no Kiss is about a girl who had a dream of a guy who stole her heart, so in life she goes searching for her. Because she actually has no heart, well more like the sound of it.
10. Sekaiichi Hatsuoka no need to explain

most of the yaoi that i like is better in anime or that i forgot what its called.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)   Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sooo...what are your 10 most favored manga series? :)
Page 1 of 1