Lemon Tea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemon Tea

A shrine for the forgotten manga projects.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverLuna

Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang Empty
PostSubject: Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang   Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I love that you picked it up and the translation job was good, but I have one point I'd like to mention. There's a huge difference in meaning between 'pedophile love' and 'pederast love'; the love of little children or the love (and it is also sexual) between a master and an apprentice. I felt the need to mention it because it comes up often in the manga and it's sometimes jarring.

Otherwise, good job all around. It's really cool to see this whole 'shrine to forgotten/abandoned translations'.
Back to top Go down
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang Empty
PostSubject: Re: Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang   Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm

SilverLuna wrote:
I love that you picked it up and the translation job was good, but I have one point I'd like to mention. There's a huge difference in meaning between 'pedophile love' and 'pederast love'; the love of little children or the love (and it is also sexual) between a master and an apprentice. I felt the need to mention it because it comes up often in the manga and it's sometimes jarring.

Otherwise, good job all around. It's really cool to see this whole 'shrine to forgotten/abandoned translations'.

Thanks for mentioning it. ^^
The word used in the original manga was "Rendou", wrote as "恋童". It cannot be found at any japanese -> English dictionary, so I really didn't know how to write it down in English. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I found "pedophile" love strange too.
恋童 means the love between an old man and an adolescent boy, so "pederast love" fits better. ^^

And since it's like this, we'll also release a 2nd version of chapter 2 soon, to correct it (It's already cleaned, translated, and typesetted anyways).
Back to top Go down
http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/

Note about the translation in Yama Fu-Tang
Page 1 of 1