Lemon Tea

A shrine for the forgotten manga projects.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello minasan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shimatta

PostSubject: Hello minasan!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 am

I just had a bit of time on hand looking through the forum, so thinking of doing my self-introduction. (Is it too late for that?) Hello, I'm known as Shimatta here and have been lingering in the group for quite some time as one of the translators of the team. My life is not as interesting as horse_woman because I am just too busy with school these few days. I am an Asian unlike many of our team members who are largely Americans I think. (I shall leave my nationality as a mystery silent ) I am a self-confessed Japanese otaku. Yes, I like anything Japanese but I'm not a Japanese. lol! I started learning Japanese because people stopped translating animes, dramas and mangas halfway through. It irritates me, so I pick up the language so that I can read and watch them. (I never started out having the intention to translate.) I chanced upon this scanlation group somehow and decided to benefit the manga reading community if I can help translate some of the mangas. Yupe and so here I am Feel free to ask me any questions and I will try to answer them if I can. I'm never that participative in a forum before, but maybe it's a good change from my hectic school life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:40 am

Hello, Shimatta!
I didn't know you were Asian, that's really nice. Very Happy
I'm from Brasil, that place they usually put in some dramas to give in a feel of "A-chan is going to the other side of the world! OMG!" (already saw that in Kimi wa Petto and Rich Man, Poor Woman; and it's normally to Rio de Janeiro), because Brasil is at the other side of the world to Japan.

Thanks for sharing some of your time with us!! I'm pretty sure you made many people happy.

It's really nice to see you around here! Cheers o/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/
Shimatta

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Brazil must be a really beautiful country that many dramas are willing to film there for the beautiful sceneries. How I wish my country has nice sceneries for people to do filming here Everything in my country is just buildings after buildings because we are just too small to have enough land to build everything we want. The only good thing here is there lots of food You make me want to go to Brazil too I should try backpacking there in the future. What country do you all speak there? Brazilian language, Brazilish??? My country doesn't have our own language unlike most countries, so if you speak English here everyone understands. (I reckon you can somehow guess where I'm from.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Don't worry about how late you posted your intro XD I was about 5 months late with mine, if my memory is working at the moment **blush**

hahaha I have an interesting life, huh? Razz I guess I'll take that as a compliment XD I must admit that you have made me quite curious about your nationality *ponders* I'm also curious about how old you are. If you don't mind my asking (I know that age can be a touchy subject for some people)

I wish I could learn Japanese, but at the moment I'm learning German so I don't think mixing the two would be good for my brain We have a lot of food here too XD If you had to choose, what would be your favorite food? Mine is any type of meat or something with ridiculous amounts of sugar in it hahahaha

Also, if my information is correct, they speak Portuguese in Brazil. It's 'cause Portugal colonized it, I believe. Right Mio?
Lastly (for now XD), I know for a fact that you made at least one person very happy with your translation of Love X Ero. When I told my friend that we had picked it up she was totally freaking out because she was that happy hahaha She says thank you (she's watching over my shoulder at the moment, it's a bit creepy XD).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Shimatta wrote:
What country do you all speak there? Brazilian language, Brazilish??? My country doesn't have our own language unlike most countries, so if you speak English here everyone understands. (I reckon you can somehow guess where I'm from.)
horse_woman wrote:
Also, if my information is correct, they speak Portuguese in Brazil. It's 'cause Portugal colonized it, I believe. Right Mio?
Yes, that's righttt~~ Wow, you surprised me knowing so much about Brazil, Anna!
And when a guy named Pedro Alvarez Cabral (the one who discovered Brazil) came here, there were just indians. After they colonized Brazil, they started to kill the indians because they thought they were creepy
They even used the indians as slaves, and fooled them trading some useless things for their rare trees...

Shimatta wrote:
Brazil must be a really beautiful country that many dramas are willing to film there for the beautiful sceneries.
You're right about the sceneries, but... The politicians here are the most corrupt in the whole world, I guess Oo And the basic education here is... awful. I wonder why such a beautiful and rich place like Brazil is like this, while Japan, where there are only vulcans, natural catastrophes and an infertile soil, can be so awesome...
Well, but it's great for tourists! It's really reallyyyyy beautiful, that's the good point. But I don't leave home that much, I don't really mind seeing beautiful things.
Spoiler:

This is Rio de Janeiro, the state where I live. I've never gone to this.. "Cristo Redentor" statue before, only looked at it from a certain distance.

horse_woman wrote:
I must admit that you have made me quite curious about your nationality *ponders* I'm also curious about how old you are. If you don't mind my asking (I know that age can be a touchy subject for some people)

I'm curious too Agh!

horse_woman wrote:
When I told my friend that we had picked it up she was totally freaking out because she was that happy hahaha She says thank you
Oh, the one who requested this project. I noticed that yaoi fangirls are really happy people... Is she like that? XD
Most of the comments on our blog are from yaoi fangirls too, such lovely comments...
And I was puzzled of what to do with Chinese Projects without a translator for them before, I can say Shimatta made my life happier too!!

I guess I wrote too much >_> Stop, Mio! *Stops*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/
Shimatta

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm

I realized I typed some of the words wrongly in my previous post. That happens when I'm typing at 5am in the morning

Mio-sama wrote:
After they colonized Brazil, they started to kill the indians because they thought they were creepy
They even used the indians as slaves, and fooled them trading some useless things for their rare trees...

It sure is creepy and cruel **punch** I'm totally against violence and discrimination because of the way I'm brought up.

Mio, your country is Really Reallyyy beautiful I think I have just fallen in love with it XD The furtherest I have gone is Hong Kong. Anything further than Asia is over my savings But I would love to visit Europe and South America when I have more money

horse_woman wrote:
I must admit that you have made me quite curious about your nationality *ponders* I'm also curious about how old you are. If you don't mind my asking (I know that age can be a touchy subject for some people)

Haha since you are so willing to know, I shall unveil the mystery I'm from Singapore and I'm 21 this year. I have already accepted the fact that I'm old so I don't mind you asking. I always envy the rest of you for being young.

horse_woman wrote:
I wish I could learn Japanese, but at the moment I'm learning German so I don't think mixing the two would be good for my brain

Hmmm...I have never tried learning a European language. Maybe I will try that after I have mastered my Japanese.

horse_woman wrote:
We have a lot of food here too XD If you had to choose, what would be your favorite food? Mine is any type of meat or something with ridiculous amounts of sugar in it hahahaha

As for me, I like sashimi, sugary stuff and fried food. I know it sounds unhealthy but I can't help getting attracted to them I'm trying to control myself from eating them while watching my weight

horse_woman wrote:
Lastly (for now XD), I know for a fact that you made at least one person very happy with your translation of Love X Ero. When I told my friend that we had picked it up she was totally freaking out because she was that happy hahaha She says thank you (she's watching over my shoulder at the moment, it's a bit creepy XD).

Mio-sama wrote:
I noticed that yaoi fangirls are really happy people... Is she like that? XD
Most of the comments on our blog are from yaoi fangirls too, such lovely comments...
And I was puzzled of what to do with Chinese Projects without a translator for them before, I can say Shimatta made my life happier too!!

I'm happy that so many people are happy! Do thank your friend for me as well, horse_woman It's also a warning for me to translate faster Sorry Mio chan, I know you are always patient with me. I will have to take out my lightning speed to get it done asap. **blush**
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:35 am

Welcome Shimatta! XD

I'm just popping in the conversation, I've never made an introduction. Maybe I should. Later. When my mind isn't wandering. Which is like 5% of the time, unfortunately. XD

Once again, welcome!! XD

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am

About the yaoi fangirl thing, i have a friend who is CRAZY about yaoi and when every we where on omegle and we saw 'You and this person both like yaoi' we started yelling and screaming. It was actually really hilarious. ANd ten the person would ditch us. Then we would be so disappointed and we would say to each other, the next person that comes up and likes yaoi, we won't scream or anything. We never did. We always screamed. **blush**

Btw, (late) WELCOMEEEEEEEE~!

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 am

Ah, Shimatta, isn't that a cuss in Japanese?
Haha, Do not worry. I'm an asian who loves cute Japanese merchandise :3
You're not alone so don't worry. I am lazy that's for sure. I can not learn japanese, it is tiring...
I am an otome but maybe not a true one. Haah~ But having conquered the main language, that's is fine for me.
Anyways please to meet you (again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/anhoaidang
Shimatta

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am

Haha...well the word "shimatta" can be a curse and not, depending on how you interpret it and how you use it Very Happy You're asian too? Well, that's nice to know. Did your parents migrate to Australia or something? What's your race? Pardon me for asking so many questions but I really curious and excited to know there is another Asian other than me here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andeemay

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 am

Shimatta wrote:
Haha...well the word "shimatta" can be a curse and not, depending on how you interpret it and how you use it Very Happy You're asian too? Well, that's nice to know. Did your parents migrate to Australia or something? What's your race? Pardon me for asking so many questions but I really curious and excited to know there is another Asian other than me here.

Oh, don't worry. I'm actually quite happy too. I would love to ask more questions as well, we're on the same boat (could be used as a pun).
It's quite the story though, my parents are from Vietnam. They and my brother and sisters tried to escape on a boat from there since it's Communist and shiz. They got arrested by some Hong Kong navy police and stayed in hong kong for a around 5 years (also my other brother was born there), until they got a yes from Australia. Happy, happy, happy ^^

Ah, tell me about yourself ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ I would love to hear it Smile
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Mio-sama wrote:
Yes, that's righttt~~ Wow, you surprised me knowing so much about Brazil, Anna!

Yay! I feel smart now XD Then again, history has always been my strongest subject.

Shimatta wrote:
I'm from Singapore and I'm 21 this year

Ah, now that you've said it I can totally see how your hints would point toward Singapore XD It was, like, 3am here when I posted that though hahaha When's your birthday? I love celebrating birthdays so I'm trying to keep track of them XD and 21 isn't old hahaha you're only 5 years older than me ^^ Well, in about 30 days I'll be 5 years younger ('cause that's when my birthday is and I'll be turning 16)

Shimatta wrote:
Do thank your friend for me as well, horse_woman

First off, you can call me Anna if you'd like ^^ and second, I thanked my friend for you and she turned bright red and said, "Shim-whatever his name is, thanked me? Best day EVER!!!". I'm not sure why that made her so happy, but I'm glad it did XD

Mio-sama wrote:
I noticed that yaoi fangirls are really happy people... Is she like that?

She borders on annoying because she's that happy hahahaha It's good for me though 'cause I can be a bit pessimistic and gloomy at times, so I just have to talk to her and my mood improves ^^ Although the majority of the time I'm pretty happy too (maybe 'cause I'm yaoi fangirl too? )

Shimatta wrote:
Hmmm...I have never tried learning a European language. Maybe I will try that after I have mastered my Japanese.

Well, if want to learn some rather random German phrases, I started a thread in the "free area" so you can check it out if you want. I'm definitely not the best teacher though **blush**

Nightstarlady wrote:
About the yaoi fangirl thing, i have a friend who is CRAZY about yaoi and when every we where on omegle and we saw 'You and this person both like yaoi' we started yelling and screaming. It was actually really hilarious. ANd ten the person would ditch us. Then we would be so disappointed and we would say to each other, the next person that comes up and likes yaoi, we won't scream or anything. We never did. We always screamed.

I understood only half of that XD But I got the jist of it. hahaha It's really hard to hold in excitement though XD I don't blame you for screaming.

Also, Shimatta, this might be a bit rude, so feel free to not answer if you don't like it, but are you a guy or girl? I can't tell from your writing style (and I usually can) so I'm curious. Yeah... that sounds really rude Sorry >_<

andeemay wrote:
It's quite the story though, my parents are from Vietnam. They and my brother and sisters tried to escape on a boat from there since it's Communist and shiz. They got arrested by some Hong Kong navy police and stayed in hong kong for a around 5 years (also my other brother was born there), until they got a yes from Australia.

Woah, my family story seems really boring now XD Did that happen before you were born, or after? Also, how many siblings do you have? I'm so curious XD It's probably gonna get me in trouble someday...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shimatta

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm

andeemay wrote:
It's quite the story though, my parents are from Vietnam. They and my brother and sisters tried to escape on a boat from there since it's Communist and shiz. They got arrested by some Hong Kong navy police and stayed in hong kong for a around 5 years (also my other brother was born there), until they got a yes from Australia. Happy, happy, happy ^^

Woah. It sure is quite the story. As for me, mine's kinda boring. My great-grandparents mainly came from China before the Communist revolution, where they stopped their own people from entering or leaving the country. I think they thought that they could lead a better life in South-east Asia, and so they came. Only 1 of my great-grandparents is a Peranakan (means half Chinese and half Malay), which makes me 1/16 Malay??? Haha. My parents are Chinese and so that makes me Chinese though.

horse_woman wrote:
When's your birthday? I love celebrating birthdays so I'm trying to keep track of them XD and 21 isn't old hahaha you're only 5 years older than me ^^

Haha. I don't really reveal my birthday to others because when people start celebrating it, I kinda feel old. So I will take a pass on this question:D

horse_woman wrote:
First off, you can call me Anna if you'd like ^^ and second, I thanked my friend for you and she turned bright red and said, "Shim-whatever his name is, thanked me? Best day EVER!!!". I'm not sure why that made her so happy, but I'm glad it did XD

Oh yes! You did told me before you were Anna in the message you sent me previously, but I kept forgetting about it. I'm really getting old. Ok, I shall call you Anna from now on. Haha. Your friend is really cute. I'm glad it did made her happy.

horse_woman wrote:
Well, if want to learn some rather random German phrases, I started a thread in the "free area" so you can check it out if you want. I'm definitely not the best teacher though

Well, I went over and took a look. It's still quite easy to follow and I think you are not bad in terms of teaching. I can catch it pretty well:) Do continue to post more if you have the time!

horse_woman wrote:
Also, Shimatta, this might be a bit rude, so feel free to not answer if you don't like it, but are you a guy or girl? I can't tell from your writing style (and I usually can) so I'm curious. Yeah... that sounds really rude Sorry >_<
Don't worry but is it really that hard to tell? Haha I'm a girl and I think everyone on this page is, right? Maybe because I choose to write in a gender neutral way^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Asians...I wonder how many of us are here... ;o

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm

ileaheart, are you an Asian too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andeemay

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:54 pm

andeemay wrote:
It's quite the story though, my parents are from Vietnam. They and my brother and sisters tried to escape on a boat from there since it's Communist and shiz. They got arrested by some Hong Kong navy police and stayed in hong kong for a around 5 years (also my other brother was born there), until they got a yes from Australia.

Woah, my family story seems really boring now XD Did that happen before you were born, or after? Also, how many siblings do you have? I'm so curious XD It's probably gonna get me in trouble someday...[/quote]

Ah, it was before i was born and i have two brothers and two sisters Smile don't worry curiosity can be good...sometimes...>.>
Back to top Go down
andeemay

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:15 am

My previous comment was supposed to be a quote....oh well.

[quote="Shimatta"]
andeemay wrote:

Woah. It sure is quite the story. As for me, mine's kinda boring. My great-grandparents mainly came from China before the Communist revolution, where they stopped their own people from entering or leaving the country. I think they thought that they could lead a better life in South-east Asia, and so they came. Only 1 of my great-grandparents is a Peranakan (means half Chinese and half Malay), which makes me 1/16 Malay??? Haha. My parents are Chinese and so that makes me Chinese though.

Ah, so your mostly Chinese. That's good to knwo :3 I'm a a full Vietnamese. I have a friend that's half, but she looks way more asian than me XD.
Back to top Go down
Shimatta

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 am

Haha you should check out the faq for how to quote. That's how I found out how to use this quote thing. By the way Andee, do you speak Vietnamese at home? Haha it will be cool when no one knows what you are trying to say XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andeemay

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 am

Shimatta wrote:
Haha you should check out the faq for how to quote. That's how I found out how to use this quote thing. By the way Andee, do you speak Vietnamese at home? Haha it will be cool when no one knows what you are trying to say XD

Thankyou for the tip.
Yes, I do speak Vietnamese at home.
My friends find me adorable when I speak it.
So I rarely speak a different language around them.
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 am

Shimatta wrote:
Haha. I don't really reveal my birthday to others because when people start celebrating it, I kinda feel old. So I will take a pass on this question:D

Awwwww Too bad.

Shimatta wrote:
Don't worry but is it really that hard to tell? Haha I'm a girl and I think everyone on this page is, right? Maybe because I choose to write in a gender neutral way^^

I had an inkling that you were a girl, but that was 'cause I don't know many guys who would be willing to translate a yaoi manga (if they could read/speak the language, that is) XD I'm also pretty sure that a lot of our staff members are girls. For some reason I can't seem to find many guys who are willing to help scan manga O_o It's very weird...

andeemay wrote:
Ah, it was before i was born and i have two brothers and two sisters Smile don't worry curiosity can be good...sometimes...>.>

Wow you have a lot of siblings! Do you get along okay? I always seem to clash a lot with my siblings
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andeemay

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:50 am

horse_woman wrote:
andeemay wrote:

Wow you have a lot of siblings! Do you get along okay? I always seem to clash a lot with my siblings

Aha, I never speak to my oldest brother, my oldest sister is like my other parent, my other sister is a nun so I see her once a year and the other brother is the only one i speak to the most Smile since the eldest sister has a son, i have a nephew that is a year younger than me. We treat each other like siblings and he never respects me ^^ haha, he's quite quite the little runt he is. But it's the three of us that is always together.
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:53 am

Woah.....that's actually pretty cool. I just have an annoying older brother and sister...

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:55 am

Your sister is a nun? I think that's the first time I've ever heard of that. To be honest I didn't think nuns were still... used (for lack of a better term) anywhere. And you're the youngest Nightstar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:57 am

Yep. Youngest in my whole entire family...

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 am

horse_woman wrote:
Your sister is a nun? I think that's the first time I've ever heard of that. To be honest I didn't think nuns were still... used (for lack of a better term) anywhere. And you're the youngest Nightstar?

Hehe, you don't hear very much about them anymore. They only pray and they don't ask for attention. Bleugh I hate nuns.

Quote :
Yep. Youngest in my whole entire family...

I am the youngest too, even though I am quite old ( ̄ω ̄Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello minasan!   

Back to top Go down

Hello minasan!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lemon Tea :: Lemon Tea Lobby :: Introductions-
Jump to: