Lemon Tea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lemon Tea

A shrine for the forgotten manga projects.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Japanese Drama/Television

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Veritus

Veritus

Japanese Drama/Television Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm not sure how many of you watch or like Japanese live-action television shows, but I thought I'd list some of the ones that I watch.

Gokusen

Great Teacher Onizuka

Nobuta wo Produce

Bloody Monday

There are others, but those are the ones I enjoy the most.

Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

I've never watched any live-action Japanese shows... I'm kind of afraid to since I've only heard bad things about them. Do you have a recommendation for one I could start with?
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Gokusen is a good one, I think. It's a live-action adaptation of a manga by the same name. Here's a description:

"Fresh out of college, Kumiko "Yankumi" Yamaguchi becomes a math teacher at an all-boys high school. Unfortunately for her, she's assigned by the school board as the homeroom teacher for class 3-D, which happens to be the class of delinquent students. When the class attempts to make a living hell out of Yankumi's career, they fail as her persistence and aggression gain her respect. However, little does anyone in the school know that Yankumi is actually heir to the Kuroda Ikka - one of Tokyo's most powerful yakuza clans."

Like any television show from another country, of course it's going to be different to watch because of the cultural differences and references. A lot of modern Japanese acting and television can still reflect the old Kabuki, Noh and Kyogen theater in some respects. Actors making over exaggerated expressions and movements to convey the mock horror of a scene or being taken aback at something, isn't something you'd really run into in an English program, but in Japanese television things like that, along with Kabuki theater noises are used to a better effect to illustrate what's going on or the mood.

Here's a link for you. The episodes are usually broken up into 3 parts, with several different mirrors and links. Just choose which one works for you or loads the fastest.

http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/gokusen-episode-1/100325
Back to top Go down
horse_woman

horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:24 pm

OOOH Yay, thank you Japanese Drama/Television 2968088584
Back to top Go down
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:09 am

Ah! Ah! I've seen Gokusen, Hana Yori Dango, Kimi ni Todoke, and Kimi wa Petto. Japanese Drama/Television 1434882655

Does this thread include movies too?? ;O
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 am

Sure, anything involving Japanese television or film.
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:28 am

I don't really watch Japanese TV shows. I watch Korean dramas (peer pressure....) There is this really popular one with my friends called Secret Garden. No, it has nothing to do with a garden or a girl from india (i 4got her name....)
Back to top Go down
http://nightstarlady.blogspot.com.au/
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am

Aha! I've seen quite a few movies, though I can't remember half of the titles. There's one where the mom wanted to remarry a younger guy and then her daughter is going through some personal issues. It was a nice movie...and then there's one other movie where the audience is taken into a psychological trip inside a guy's mind, how he killed his first wife and child, and then some other. Gah.

One title I could remember is "Nightmare Detective". It wasn't really good, the "horror" theme was absurd. It wasn't frightening at all. Japanese Drama/Television 3540225415
Back to top Go down
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 pm

I've watched Great Teacher Onizuka, Hana Kimi, Zettai Kareshi and Hana Yori Dango.

By the description, Gokusen reminds me of Great Teacher Onizuka... o_o I'll try it out.
I'm also interested in watching Kimi wa Petto. But I haven't read the manga yet...
Back to top Go down
http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 am

Mio-sama wrote:
I've watched Great Teacher Onizuka, Hana Kimi, Zettai Kareshi and Hana Yori Dango.

By the description, Gokusen reminds me of Great Teacher Onizuka... o_o I'll try it out.
I'm also interested in watching Kimi wa Petto. But I haven't read the manga yet...

Waaaaah! Hana Kimi..!! Japanese Drama/Television 3063225325
Toma Ikuta is soooooo *drools* Japanese Drama/Television 1983558320
I just remembered, he's the one who starred in one movie I described earlier. I looked up the title, it's Ningen Shikkaku.

I loved Kimi wa Petto! The manga was really...captivating. For me. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Japanese Drama/Television 4019512717
Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:06 am

Yeah, Gokusen is sort of like GTO. Yamaguchi isn't quite as flamboyant as Onizuka though or as carefree. Also, Onizuka never tried to hide the fact that he used to lead Bōsōzoku, where Yamaguchi really tries as hard as she can to cover up her Yakuza background.
Back to top Go down
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:50 pm

ileaheart wrote:
Mio-sama wrote:

Waaaaah! Hana Kimi..!! Japanese Drama/Television 3063225325
Toma Ikuta is soooooo *drools* Japanese Drama/Television 1983558320
I just remembered, he's the one who starred in one movie I described earlier. I looked up the title, it's Ningen Shikkaku.

I loved Kimi wa Petto! The manga was really...captivating. For me. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Japanese Drama/Television 4019512717

Toma Ikuta was Nakatsu? (Just googled it), haha he was the most funny character.
Ningen Shikkaku? OMG, I've watched the anime "Aoi Bungaku", and the first episodes are called Ningen Shikkaku, it's awesome!!
And I just watched Kimi wa Petto... For now, just the drama. I'll read the manga once I get my computer back... I don't like reading so much with this laptop x.x

ileaheart wrote:
Yeah, Gokusen is sort of like GTO. Yamaguchi isn't quite as flamboyant as Onizuka though or as carefree. Also, Onizuka never tried to hide the fact that he used to lead Bōsōzoku, where Yamaguchi really tries as hard as she can to cover up her Yakuza background.
Oh, and she still has to deal with difficult students. I really admire a teacher's job, I'll watch it next!

Back to top Go down
Veritus

Veritus

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Mio-sama wrote:

Oh, and she still has to deal with difficult students. I really admire a teacher's job, I'll watch it next!

Yeah Razz It's pretty funny and sometimes really sad or serious as well. Every episode always ends up involving 3 things that never fail. After you start watching it, I'm pretty sure you can find the pattern lol
Back to top Go down
AelixRage

AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 7:44 am

Mio-sama wrote:

Toma Ikuta was Nakatsu? (Just googled it), haha he was the most funny character.
Ningen Shikkaku? OMG, I've watched the anime "Aoi Bungaku", and the first episodes are called Ningen Shikkaku, it's awesome!!
And I just watched Kimi wa Petto... For now, just the drama. I'll read the manga once I get my computer back... I don't like reading so much with this laptop x.x

Yes! He played Nakatsu. He's just so adorable. I'd put him together with Jun Matsumoto on my "Idol Crush" list. Hahaha! Japanese Drama/Television 3063225325
Back to top Go down
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Now I'm really addicted to dramas... I didn't think I would like it that much!
My favorite ones were:
IS ~Otoko Demo Nai Onna Demo Nai Sei~
Koukou Kyoushi

But I liked a lot Kimi wa Petto (the first episodes gave me doki-dokis), Keitai Kareshi (an horror movie... funny somehow) and Rich Man, Poor Woman (which hadn't finished airing when I started to watch ><).

Oh, they're all so good, I can't forget to mention Life. The actress for Manami was the same as the main actress in IS, but I REALLY didn't recognize her, that's so amazing!! And she's so pretty, I became a fan!! Japanese Drama/Television 3063225325

That's all, thank you guys, for introducing me to this new world! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:21 am

Right now, i'm really into this Korean drama called Secret Garden.

Here's the watchamacallit:

The drama tells the story of Gil Ra Im (Ha Ji-won), a poor and humble stuntwoman whose beauty and body are the object of envy amongst top actresses, and Kim Joo Won (Hyun Bin), an arrogant and eccentric CEO who maintains the image of seeming perfection. Their accidental meeting, when Joo Won mistakes Ra Im for actress Park Chae Rin, marks the beginning of a tense, bickering relationship, through which Joo Won tries to hide a growing attraction to Ra Im that both confuses and disturbs him. To complicate matters further, a strange sequence of events results in them swapping bodies.

Sure, it's not japanese but oh well.... -.-
Back to top Go down
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 am

Oh!
I have only watched japanese dramas until now. I think the only Korean drama I watched was the Hana Yori Dango one (called "boys before flowers"), but I'm not sure if I finished it.
I'll try the Koreans now, will start with this "Secret Garden", because the "swapping bodies" part really interested me. Gender bender!? Japanese Drama/Television 1983558320
*Gender Bender fanatic*

Back to top Go down
Nightstarlady

Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:44 am

I LOVE GENDER-BENDER!!!!
Pracilly all of the mangers i read and animes/dramas i watch have a bit of gender bender!!!

GO GENDER-BENDERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mio-sama

Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:45 am

Yeah, that's why my favorite drama was IS... It's about a person who isn't either a man or a woman...
He was raised as a boy, but then had girly feelings for another boy... And he was forced to attend his new school as a girl.
And his friend was the opposite, she was raised as a girl, but her body started to grow as a man...

I've not started to watch Secret Garden yet. But I'll start it this week! Japanese Drama/Television 4019512717
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Drama/Television   Japanese Drama/Television Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Drama/Television
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lemon Tea :: Lemon Tea World :: Free Area-
Jump to: