Lemon Tea

A shrine for the forgotten manga projects.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CuthienSilmeriel

PostSubject: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 pm

My screen name is Cuthien Silmeriel, but just Cuthien is ok. I'm 24 and orginally from England, but I'm currently living in Japan, but my Japanese is terrible..*le gasp*. It's really hard sometimes, but I'm aiming to get better. One day I will be able to read the dozens of manga I have accumulated over here (it is so much cheaper in Japan!!!!)

Besides manga, I like reading fantasy novels, horse riding, playing my flute, and abusing my playstation. I also love animals, a lot. I discovered manga at 14/15 after watching anime for a couple of years. My first manga was Naruto I think, I got annoyed when the series ended and just became filler episodes, so read the manga to find out what happened next. Now I almost exclusively read manga, and only really watch the anime if it is the original media, like Code Geass and Macross (both of which are amazing btw).

My favourite manga is Banana Fish, for Manhwa I like Let Dai. I seem to gravitate towards dark, gang-related, troubled stories which are tragic but poetic. I'm not sure why because in everything else I prefer fantasy above real-life type drama.

Anyway, that's me I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio-sama

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Hello, welcome to Lemon Tea! What a Face

Living in Japan will sure help your japanese improve! I hope you can become a translator when that happens, haha.

And oh, I don't even have to mention Code Geass, but Macross is so epic, and it's so unknown in my country, why is that? =(
But even if I become more and more addicted to manga, I can't stop myself from watching anime... So much to do, so little time...
And I haven't heard of the mangas you mentioned here, I'll take a look at them sometime. Since they're your favorites, they must be worth reading!

Anyways, make yourself at home! ^__^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lemonteascans.wordpress.com/
Shimatta

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Hihi,

Morning to you! Apparently, I'm typing this at 6 am in the morning. Nice to have you here! I'm really envious that you are in Japan now because I have always wanted to go there but I never had a chance to. I'm sure you will be able to pick up Japanese pretty fast there since you are able to speak the language everyday. It is so hard in my country to find anyone that can speak the language and even harder for me to get a Japanese friend to communicate with me (I don't even know why I can't get a Japanese friend even though there are a lot of Japanese expatriates near my house.) In the end, I always end up speaking to my sensei in Japanese.

I have also never heard of the mangas that you mentioned but I think it should be interesting because I like anything that has a bit of action. (I get pretty much bored to death with those you-know-what-to-expect type of romance.) Everyone thinks it's uncommon for a girl to like those things everytime I told them I prefer action mangas more than romance type, but I don't rule out romance mangas that have a good story plot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:49 pm

Hello! Good evening ^^

Nice to meet another horseback rider Do you do show jumping, dressage, cross country, eventing or something else (I just know I'm missing one...)?
You're soooo lucky to be able to live in Japan. I'm so jealous >_< (even though I can only say "thank you" and "I'm sorry" in Japanese XD). Although I'd love to go to Korea as well... and several other countries XD

Well... I can't think of anything else to say or ask so I'll shut up now XD Very nice to meet you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightstarlady

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:14 am

Good afternoon~!

I envy you living in japan. I've always wanted to go there!

I have heard of Code Geass, but other then that no. (exept naruto )

Yeah, so welcome to Lemon Tea~! *waah*

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:31 am

Mio-sama wrote:
Hello, welcome to Lemon Tea! What a Face

Living in Japan will sure help your japanese improve! I hope you can become a translator when that happens, haha.

And oh, I don't even have to mention Code Geass, but Macross is so epic, and it's so unknown in my country, why is that? =(
But even if I become more and more addicted to manga, I can't stop myself from watching anime... So much to do, so little time...
And I haven't heard of the mangas you mentioned here, I'll take a look at them sometime. Since they're your favorites, they must be worth reading!

Anyways, make yourself at home! ^__^

Thank you, and I hope so. I came here with nothing and have ben here 2 years now, but aren't much better. To be fair though, I don't study as much as I should.

Macross is severely underrated I feel. I like SDF Macross, and Macross Frontier the most. I would love to date Alto, he is brilliant. Macross Plus was ok, but I wasn't too keen on Macross 7, I couldn't finish the series. It started getting repetative I felt. I tend to prefer the plot in mangas, they are usually more complex and I love deep, complicated plot lines which require a lot of concentration and give good character development. I love being able to re-read something and get more out of it a second or third time. I've read Banana Fish about 10 times now, lol. You really should check out both Banana Fish and Let Dai, but they are quite dark, just warning you now. They are very unknown in general I find, Banana Fish came out in the UK a few years ago, which is how I found it, but only a handful of people here have heard of it, and they tend to be a little older than me. I think it came out in Japan in the early 80s, so I guess it is a little old school now. Let me know what you think of them!!!!

shimatta wrote:
Morning to you! Apparently, I'm typing this at 6 am in the morning. Nice to have you here! I'm really envious that you are in Japan now because I have always wanted to go there but I never had a chance to. I'm sure you will be able to pick up Japanese pretty fast there since you are able to speak the language everyday. It is so hard in my country to find anyone that can speak the language and even harder for me to get a Japanese friend to communicate with me (I don't even know why I can't get a Japanese friend even though there are a lot of Japanese expatriates near my house.) In the end, I always end up speaking to my sensei in Japanese.

I have also never heard of the mangas that you mentioned but I think it should be interesting because I like anything that has a bit of action. (I get pretty much bored to death with those you-know-what-to-expect type of romance.) Everyone thinks it's uncommon for a girl to like those things everytime I told them I prefer action mangas more than romance type, but I don't rule out romance mangas that have a good story plot.

I recommend coming out here if you get the chance. I came here as an ALT, so I actually don't speak Japanese at all in my job. My students are capable of speaking English, and since I knew nothing when I arrived, my co-workers just speak to me in English as well. My Japanese isn't good enough yet to have very efficient meetings in it. I need to study more. My friends all recommend getting a Japanese boyfriend, lol. I told them I won't accept anyone less than MatsuJun (from Arashi, if you know who they are). I think finding a conversation partner is good, they are useful to have, but be careful. I have a friend who learnt Japanese in bars in Tokyo from Yakuza members and gangster types, so now when he speaks people often tell him he is "kowai" [scary], LOL.

Both of them have a lot of action, especially Banana Fish. It is jam packed. I hate romantic stories for the same reason. I detest more shoujo mangas. I don't care so much about genre, but a good plot is an absolute must for me.

horse_woman wrote:
Nice to meet another horseback rider Do you do show jumping, dressage, cross country, eventing or something else (I just know I'm missing one...)?
You're soooo lucky to be able to live in Japan. I'm so jealous >_< (even though I can only say "thank you" and "I'm sorry" in Japanese XD). Although I'd love to go to Korea as well... and several other countries XD

Yay, I'm not alone. I mainly did dressage in England, but here I tend to just go trekking. I live in the mountains, so it is really beautiful. What do you do?

Yeah, I'm really lucky. You should come if you ever get the chance. It is an amazing country, and so friendly. I love it! I want to visit Korea, I haven't been there yet. I did manage to get to Indonesia this year, however, that was beautiful. I recommend it.

Nightstarlady wrote:
I envy you living in japan. I've always wanted to go there!

I have heard of Code Geass, but other then that no. (exept naruto )

Again, please come. It is such a strange, beautiful, interesting, and unique country. The only thing I don't like is the food, well I like the food, but I'm a vegetarian and most places add meat or fish to every dish, so it is really hard for me to eat out and I can't actually try a lot of Japanese dishes, which makes me feel a little sad. Not that I would ever start eating meat, lol.

Well, if you like action manga with a romantic sub-plot, check out Macross. Banana Fish is a action, gang-related manga with dark undertone and a complex plot, but with just the right dash of realistic comedy to make you smile despite everything. Let Dai is poetically beautiful in its tragedy. Simpler than Banana Fish, but no less poignant at the end. I have a deep love for angsty boys, so always like dark, tragic manga, even though they make me cry, so then I need to read a happy manga despite it being 4am on a weekday or something, lol.

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I appreciate the work you do, let me know if I can help out in anyway. I'm not good enough to be a translator yet, but I can proofread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:45 pm

CuthienSilmeriel wrote:
Yay, I'm not alone. I mainly did dressage in England, but here I tend to just go trekking. I live in the mountains, so it is really beautiful. What do you do?

Yes! You're not alone XD I do Show Jumping, but I've learned a bit of Dressage (mostly very basic Dressage) to help me with my form and control. I love jumping ^^ Do you have your own horse?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CuthienSilmeriel

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 pm

horse_woman wrote:
CuthienSilmeriel wrote:

Yes! You're not alone XD I do Show Jumping, but I've learned a bit of Dressage (mostly very basic Dressage) to help me with my form and control. I love jumping ^^ Do you have your own horse?

Everybody loves jumping, but me, lol. I did some show jumping, but I had a really bad fall when I was 10 which kind of put me off it really. It took a long time and a lot of patience from my teacher to even get me to jump again after it, and my knee never fully recovered. Since show jumping is what most people seem to prefer, I end up doing it at horse clubs, but on my own I prefer to work on my dressage skills. I would love to be as good as the Spanish Lipizzaners one day, that's probably an impossible dream though. Dressage is great for position I think. I found it easier to ride bareback or reinless after starting dressage, I can also ride out a spooked horse now, but that could just be because I've been riding so long. I am coming up on 17 years soon. How long have you been riding?

I don't own a horse at the moment because it's not really practical given my current living situation, and no one else in my family knows anything about horses, but I would like to own one in the future, if I ever decide to settle down in one place for longer than a few years. My old horse was a retired racehorse called Grace. She was beautiful, not a good jumper, but great for floor work. She had a great stride. She hated morning, though, which was a pain because she would take 30 minutes to wake up. She was so lazy!!! How about you? Do you have a horse? Or a favourite horse you ride?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
horse_woman

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 am

Ahhh I can understand why you wouldn't like jumping after having a nasty fall like that ^^ I'm actually rather surprised that I still like it after all the falls I've had... only broken something once though (I'm pretty lucky in the regard XD). I've been riding since I was 3, so that makes it about 13 years of riding? That just an approximation 'cause there were years when I couldn't ride very much because of weather or a family matter.

Hahaha my family doesn't know much about horses either, but they're learning XD Mostly 'cause when we watch tv shows and movies that have horses, I'm yelling at the tv that they're taking care of the horses wrong, or riding incorrectly, so then I'm explaining how to do it properly XD

Do you move a lot? That would inhibit me from getting a horse too...
Grace sounds similar to a horse I used to ride... didn't take him a half an hour to wake up though, more like 45 minutes XD No, I don't have a horse at the moment. Just 'cause they are so expensive to keep. We could easily afford the initial cost, but the upkeep would bankrupt us Sad I do have a favorite horse to ride though. His name is Keyco. He's a 25 year old thoroughbred who loves to jump XD He's pretty hard to get going, until you start jumping; then you have to slow him down XD Plus, he's a total sweetheart who loves to eat bananas (I figured that out when I went by his stall, eating a banana and it suddenly disappeared, and Keyco was suddenly very close to my face XD) . Do you have a favorite horse to ride?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AelixRage

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am

Welcome to Lemon Tea~!

Nice to meet you Cuthien, my name is Aeli. I'm the self-proclaimed wanderer in the group (you'll see!) hahaha! XD

Anyways, see you around~!

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 pm

horse_woman wrote:
Ahhh I can understand why you wouldn't like jumping after having a nasty fall like that ^^ I'm actually rather surprised that I still like it after all the falls I've had... only broken something once though (I'm pretty lucky in the regard XD). I've been riding since I was 3, so that makes it about 13 years of riding? That just an approximation 'cause there were years when I couldn't ride very much because of weather or a family matter.

Hahaha my family doesn't know much about horses either, but they're learning XD Mostly 'cause when we watch tv shows and movies that have horses, I'm yelling at the tv that they're taking care of the horses wrong, or riding incorrectly, so then I'm explaining how to do it properly XD

Do you move a lot? That would inhibit me from getting a horse too...
Grace sounds similar to a horse I used to ride... didn't take him a half an hour to wake up though, more like 45 minutes XD No, I don't have a horse at the moment. Just 'cause they are so expensive to keep. We could easily afford the initial cost, but the upkeep would bankrupt us Sad I do have a favorite horse to ride though. His name is Keyco. He's a 25 year old thoroughbred who loves to jump XD He's pretty hard to get going, until you start jumping; then you have to slow him down XD Plus, he's a total sweetheart who loves to eat bananas (I figured that out when I went by his stall, eating a banana and it suddenly disappeared, and Keyco was suddenly very close to my face XD) . Do you have a favorite horse to ride?

Yeah, me and jumping don't get along, but I can jump if I need to. I refused to be beaten, I think a certain amount of stubborness os required to be a rider. After all, we stil l get back on despite the falls, lol. I've only broken a toe, and that was in the stable, but the fall when I was 10 was pretty bad. My knee twisted as I came off and I hit it on the pole, so it was pretty damaged, but luckily not broken and I can still ride, so I'm thankful for that.

Wow, since you were 3. You're so lucky. I was 7 before I started. I've given up trying to teach my family. My mum stopped watching me after my fall, she said it's too scary, especially now that I ride horses as opposed to ponies. My dad is allergic to horses, and neither my brother nor sister really care about them at all. None of my friends ride either, it is only recently that my best friend started and I can finally have some one to talk to about it. None of my friends at the stable were around for longer than a year or two, classes change and kids who rode stop as teenagers, then I moved stables when I went to uni. I am jelous that your family are at least willing to learn.

I spent 3 years at uni, then moved to Japan. I've been here just over 2 years now, and I'll move again next summer. I'm hoping to go to Kyoto University, but to be honest, I don't even know what continent I'll end up in. I have a cat, but even that much is expensive to transport all over the world. Japan is not big of horses either, surprisingly. I'm not sure what happened, but it was really hard to find somewhere to ride and the horses they have aren't so big. I go trekking on them, but not much else. I do get to help with the pony club though, which is fun.

lol, horses can be so lazy. I rode another one which was named Forward, but went in any direction but, lol. I understand that, horses are stupidly expensive, and time consuming. A horse you ride regularly is like you own though, Keyco sounds amazing. I've never had a horse steal a banana before, mints yes, fruit, not so much. That must have been a shock for you. I love the horses that are so lazy to start with, and way to hyper by the end. Grace was my favourite horse, after her my favourite is a horse called Apache, who was a gentle giant, so was a good beginner horse. Here, I haven't really decided on my favourite of the 2 big enough for adults yet.

Nice to meet you too ileaheart. I look forward to your wanderings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
andeemay

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 am

Oh hai,
Welcome to Lemon Tea.
My eyes are probably bleeding from all the writing ಥ_ಥ but that's alright ^^;
Nice to meet ya Cuthien ヾ(^∇^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/anhoaidang
CuthienSilmeriel

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:11 am

andeemay wrote:
Oh hai,
Welcome to Lemon Tea.
My eyes are probably bleeding from all the writing ಥ_ಥ but that's alright ^^;
Nice to meet ya Cuthien ヾ(^∇^)

Thank you, sorry. I tend to write a lot without ever meaning to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone   

Back to top Go down

Morning/Afternoon/Evening (pick one) everyone
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1